Answers about Credit Disputes
Select from the following questions about correcting credit reports and filing disputes with the furnisher.
- My credit report contains inaccurate information and accounts that I never applied for. How can I have my credit report corrected?
- When can I file a direct dispute with the furnisher?
- I need to correct personal contact information that is listed in my credit report. Whom should I contact?
- Does a furnisher have to investigate all direct disputes?
- How do I file a direct dispute?
- What must a furnisher do when it gets a direct dispute?
- Does the furnisher have to notify me if it decides that my dispute is frivolous or irrelevant?
- What is a frivolous or irrelevant dispute?
- I disputed adverse credit information appearing on my credit report with the furnisher. The furnisher determined that the reported information is accurate. How can I add a consumer statement to my profile?