Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

How do I redeem my savings bonds?

Most banks will redeem savings bonds if you have a relationship with that bank. You should contact your bank directly for more information.

For redemption or other information about U.S. savings bonds, visit the U.S. Treasury Department's web page,, or contact their office directly by calling (844) 284-2676 (toll-free).

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us